Holiday shopping season officially begins the day after Halloween. This is the time when your inbox begins to fill up with holiday themed emails.
Why is it that each year holiday emails seem to be sent earlier each year? The reason for this is that holiday themed emails generally have higher open rates when they are sent weeks or sometimes even months before the target holiday event.
According to a 2014 survey published by Marketing Profs, holiday email open rates begin to spike in October as major retailers and agencies kick off their campaigns and peak in the middle of December.
To get a jump start on your holiday email campaigns, we have included 25 of our favorite high converting holiday email subject lines – use them for inspiration as you plan your campaigns:
25 Holiday Email Subject Lines
- Warby Parker: Cozy up
- VerticalResponse: Are Your Holiday Cards in the Mail Yet? Get 60% Off!
- WillCall: Hey, we made you something for the holidays!
- Chasing Fireflies: Our magical Holiday Gift Shop is open + Save up to 80% in our Halloween Blowout Sale!
- Shutterfly: We’re feeling very merry. Get 50% off your order.
- Omaha Steaks: Wanna get the REALLY good holiday deals this year?
- Uncommon Goods: The Time Has Come
- Real Simple: 10 DIY Fall Wreaths That Are Way Better Than a Welcome Mat
- BevMo!: NEW for November! Delicious Wines for the Fall Season.
- Workshop: FALL STEAM AHEAD: Over 80 classes up & posted, Oktoberfest weekend workshops & CAMP DIY
- Kabuki Springs & Spa: 3 Tips to Boost Your Immune System this Fall
- Alternative: First look | Alternative Gift Guide
- Finish Line: The Holiday Gift Guide is here. Game on for gift giving.
- Kayak: Waiting for lower Thanksgiving flight prices? Stop and book.
- Premier Dermatology: Day of Beauty: Winter 2014
- Paper Culture: Need Holiday Photo Card Ideas?
- Tory Burch: Presenting: Tory’s Gift Guide
- Zazzle Inc: Early Birds Save 50% On All Ornaments & Mugs + 20% Off Everything Else
- Circus Center: PERFORM in our 2014 Holiday Student Gala!
- Turntable Kitchen: get ready for holiday entertaining: recipes, cocktails, music recommendations
- Groupon: Get a Head Start on Your Holiday Checklist
- Travel Channel: Travel’s Best Holiday Attractions 2014
- JetBlue Airways: A sale to escape the winter weather!
- Bing Webmaster Team: It’s not too late: Reach more holiday shoppers with your $100 coupon
- Harry & David: Kim, get a jump on holiday shopping with your Gift History and enjoy free shipping.
Get More Content Marketing Tips
Delivered To Your Inbox.